FacilTrans is a
multiplataform translator based on babytrans (which was a clone of the
popular babylon translator).
- Multiplataform: Available for Linux and Windows
- An easy to use GUI written in QT.
- Automatically downloads and install dictionaries.
- Free (as in free-speech), licensed under the GPL.
- Supports the following dictionaries:
- English to Portuguese
- English to French
- English to German
- English to Italian
- English to Spanish
- Source (Linux/Windows)
- Binary Installer: (Windows only)
- Windows version will be available soon.
- Make sure you have Qt 4 installed on your system. If you don't,
you can find it's source here.
Alternatively you may look for a pre-compiled package for your
distribution on your prefered site.
- Unpack the tarball: tar -xzvf faciltran-0.1.tar.gz
- Compile the package: make
- Install it: make install
- If it fails for some reason, you may contact me.
- Will be available soon.
you installed FacilTrans, you still have to download and install
dictionaries. Luckily this is a painless process.
The first time you run
the software after it's installed it'll show you it's configuration
You need to do the
steps to configure it:
- Go to the tab "Get A Dictionary"
- Select "english.dic" and hit "Download" to start downloading the
- Select you desired dictionary and hit "Download" to start
downloading the file.
Repeat process 3 until you have downloaded all the dictionaries
you want. You need at least one dictionary.
On the "Configuration" tab, press "Save" button and then Exit.
Restart the software and it should be configured now.
- English to Portuguese: Engtoptg.dic
- English to French: Engtofre.dic
- English to German: Engtoger.dic
- English to Italian: Engtoita.dic
- English to Spanish: Engtospa.dic
angusy [at] gentoobr.org